Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Lipstick Episode Explained


This picture was taken the night of The Right Now! Show taping, and is NOT a joke. You see, I like those little wanna-be-Juicy-Tube lip glosses from L'Oreal. I have them in three colors-- very very light pink, very very light gold, and deep deep matte purple/brown. The latter is used only for fancy occasions-- one drop of it mixed with clear gloss lasts all night.

Anyway, all three of these tubes were in my purse the night of the taping. The studio was very dark, and I couldn't tell which tube was which, nor did I care to look. So, there I am sitting in front of David Cross, in a studio with dozens of cameras, smathering on my purple lipstick like it was one of it's super-subtle pink brothers. There is pigment all over my face.

And Cissy says nothing.

All the lights come on and we all file out of the studio. PA's, actors, hipsters with swoopy bangs, David Cross, Bob Odenkirk. We're all together in this small, bright space, looking at one another, trying to make good impressions.

And Cissy says nothing.

So we leave the commotion and start walking down a quiet isolated street. We are both happy about the evening. Then I say something snide to Cissy, and she replies: "Oh really? LIPSTICK??!" And then the picture was taken.

Was this a really girly entry? I feel like the guys won't get it/care...

No comments: