Monday, September 10, 2007

I Baked Banana Bread

Sometimes when I go to the grocery store, I forget that I'm not shopping for a family of 6. So when I came home with 5 bananas, of course they ALL turned black in four days. I'm not one to waste food (as seen in my tendency to over-buy and let-rot), so I decided to bake banana bread along with Cissy's supplemental never-touched nanas.

Unlike my good friend Adelaide
I am not a baker. I am also not a blogger like her because I can't figure out how to write normal text after a link. And I thought I was being so smart. Anyway, the banana bread was a big success, even though I forgot baking powder and ended up sprinkling it into each individual pan half-way through baking. I also spilled a ton of flour everywhere, and almost had a Tony-Angela Who's The Boss moment with Cissy. Except that Cissy was in another room, reading a magazine. Sigh.

So we ate one loaf in under 24 hours, and gave the second one to Randy as a thanks-for-having-us-over gift. While we were over, I ate one half of the second loaf.

No comments: