Saturday, October 20, 2007

Why Do Boys Yell?

Today is Sunday, and Nate is in town. He has been screaming to himself since the Colorado/Kansas game began at noon. I have been to three grocery stores, baked brownies, gone for a run... and Nate is still screaming on the couch. It is 5:00 pm.

Why do boys yell at the screen when they watch football on tv? Why do they always drink Miller Lite while doing so? How do they know everybody's name on the team AND all their stats? Why was I at three grocery stores today?

Cissy and I enjoy "Gossip Girl," but we don't fist-pump every time S says something douche-chilly. I believe that this is truly a gendered issue. I went over to my sister's house the other day, only to find my two nephews, brother-in-law and 2 male cousins screaming into the television set. They were all wearing Jets jersies, and the legal ones were drinking Miller light. Once, I hushed Nate during a game, and just at the point he wanted to scream out, a male neighbor took over and shook the whole apartment with his "YES!!!!!!" They were watching the same game apparently.

Right now Cissy has her earphones on, and I am sitting with my back to the television. We lead a very peaceful existence, and can't wait for Nick Lachey to head back to Wyoming.

2 comments:

mbw said...

because with no outlet, we'd otherwise turn that aggression on ourselves

JPK said...

Mostly it is just to keep you girls from speaking for as long as possible.